Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST)
Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST) is a global approach that manipulates,
lengthens, realigns, and reorganizes your fascia. Fascia is a network of layered connective tissue that surrounds your muscles, bones, and joints. FST decompresses an individual’s joints, which forces almost immediate relaxation of the surrounding muscles. The health and function of all your body’s joints and muscles are a direct result of the condition of your fascia. Traditional static stretches can be aggressive on the body’s central nervous system (CNS). FST calms down the CNS, which resultantly allows the muscles and connective tissue to relax and come unbound.
Optimal flexibility of your fascia allows for healthy circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain, and spinal cord. There is no medication or supplement that can improve or optimize your fascia and exercise alone does not optimally balance, align, and improve your fascia.
What is FST?
FST is an assisted stretching technique performed on a specially designed table equipped with comfortable, padded straps which stabilize any parts of the body that are not being worked on. FST sessions can be done in combination with a massage treatment or performed exclusively. FST:
- Is pain-free
- Increases joint spac
- Eliminates trigger points
- Improves muscle activation and relaxation
- Office workers
- Manual laborers
- Expectant mothers
Effects of Untreated Fascia
- Decreased joint space can lead to conditions such as degenerative joint disease and osteoarthritis
- Increased muscle tone can lead to issues such as trigger points, strain, tendonitis, and tears
- Increased nervous tissue tone can lead to headaches, trigger points, and muscle tightness
- Increased scar tissue formation
- Decreased blood flow and energy accompanied by increased fatigue
Benefits of FST
- Improved posture & functional ability to do what you couldn’t do before
- No pain allows you to finally enjoy a life of quality
- Restoration of normal joint space is anti-aging at its best – youthful movement without pain!
- Will make all the difference in sports performance
- Reduces injuries so you can get on with your goals in fitness, recreation & sports
- Improves & increases options in sex when you have a flexible body